- 5400 RPM HDD in 500 GB or 1TB capacities
- SSD capacities from 120GB-600GB
- Billet-machined Aluminum (1lb.) and Titanium (1.5 lb.) enclosures (3.9"W x 5.7"L x 1.0"H)
- Supports both PCs and Macs
- Billet-machined Aluminum and Titanium enclosures
- USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 computers)
Physical Security Specifications
- Full Metal JacketTM Technology — CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum (Al) or titanium (Ti) alloy. Crush resistant to up to 5000 lbs (Ti) and 2500 lbs (Al) yet weighs as little as a pound (Al).
- Full Suspension DriveTM Technology — Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20' drops (SSD version) and 10' drops (500GB HDD version or 1TB HDD requires optional drive skin) per MIL-STD-810G Method 516.5.
- HydroSafeTM Technology — Waterproof yet heat conducting barrier to protect against data loss in up to 10' for 3 days in fresh water or salt water (aluminum version) or 30' for 3 days (titanium version) per IP68. Protects data even when USB or FW plug is in. No requirement for a connector cap to retain data protection.
- ChemSafeTM Technology — Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12' depth for 1 hour with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Method 504
- EnviroSafeTM Technology — Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
- AltiSafeTM Technology — High altitude operation. 15K ft. (Alum.) and 30K ft. (SSD and Ti.) rated altitudes per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4
- Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot solid metal construction — theft protection
Software Specifications (included but not required for use)
- Genie TimelineTM Pro Full Version2 ($60 Value) Award winning backup software. Simple, block level, open file and OS Continuous Data Protection (CDP) software for Windows users. Disaster recovery for entire hard drive including programs and settings, roll back and AES encryption features for the ultimate protection. Registration required at www.iosafe.com to validate purchase prior to downloading software and install code.
- Apple® Mac® TimeMachine® Supported — Apple Time Machine fully supported. Reformat of device may be required. Simple instructions online at www.iosafe.com
- TrueCrypt® AES-256 Encryption Compatible3 - Open source, encryption software. FIPS 140-2, ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004. PC, Mac and Linux compatible.
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Rugged Portable + DRS
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 3.0 version)
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Intel Pentium II 350 Mhz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- For USB 3.0/USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
Typical Power Consumption: < 5W
- Operating: 0-35°C (95°F)
- Non-operating: -40°C to 65°C
- Operating Humidity: 5% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions
As applicable during the DRS period, the Company or its contracted partner will assist the original purchaser for one "data recovery event" without the requirement to pay a deductible. Additional attempts beyond the first "data recovery event" will require a deductible of $500 for the second "data recovery event," $1000 for the third "data recovery event" and $2000 for the any additional "data recovery events." For the DRS Basic or original ioSafe DRS plan (products sold prior to 2012), the DRS plan applies to the original owner for the ioSafe product. For the DRS Pro plan, data recovery services will be performed on the registered ioSafe product for the original owner and to one registered computer of the original ioSafe owner attached to the ioSafe product. The Company will attempt to restore the lost data by employing one or more of the following ways in ioSafe's sole discretion:
The Company or its contracted partner will provide phone or email based support to assist in recovering the data, or
- The Company will pay for the disaster exposed product to be shipped back to the Company's headquarters for data recovery. If data recovery is successful, a replacement product will be loaded with the original data and shipped back to the original user, or
- At the discretion of the Company, if the data recovery by the Company is not successful, the Company will pay up to the total amount shown in the table below for the specific product to a third-party disk recovery service and/or an onsite technical support of the Company's choice to extract the data. Any data extracted will be loaded on a replacement product and shipped back to the original user. The Company has the right to use a factory refurbished product as the replacement ioSafe branded product. Data recovery services for any attached server or computer will cover the costs of data recovery only up to the total limits below if applicable and will not cover replacement costs for the non-ioSafe branded server or computer.
Limits of Coverage* in US Dollars per terabyte of data capacity of ioSafe product
|Product Line||DRS Basic||DRS Pro|
|Any Solo or SoloPRO HDD||$2,500 / TB||$5,000 / TB|
|SoloPRO SSD or Rugged Portable SSD||$5,000 / TB||$5,000 / TB|
|ioSafe Rugged Portable HDD||$2,500 / TB||$5,000 / TB|
|N2 NAS||$2,500 / TB||$5,000 / TB|
*Limits of coverage are shown in the table above or coverage limit up to $50,000 USD maximum, whichever is less. ioSafe hourly rate for work associated with recovery effort is calculated at $150 per hour.
The Company's good faith attempts to restore and recover the data in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy and the sole and exclusive obligation of ioSafe with respect to the DRS and the Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever due to loss of data or otherwise. The Company cannot and does not guarantee that any data will be recoverable and it cannot and does not guarantee which data files are on the product or the attached computer if applicable. Data restoration or recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files are restorable or recoverable and not what the purchaser believes to exist on the product or attached computer if applicable. The DRS is valid only upon verified, activation on the ioSafe.com website in addition to valid registration for ioSafe branded products with proper serial numbers and activation codes for products owned by the original purchaser only. The DRS is not transferable to a third party without prior written signed consent of an ioSafe, Inc. executive based in the United States of America.