Frequently Asked Question
I can not access my G3, what should I do?
Last Updated 5 years ago
If you hear any grinding or clicking coming from inside of the ioSafe, please DO NOT power it on as this is a sign of an internal head crash. This occurs when the read and write head makes contact with the data platter. This is extremely destructive to any data on the drive. Please contact ioSafe Technical Support by creating a support ticket here: http://iosafe.com/helpdesk/.
Otherwise, follow the below basic troubleshooting steps to help rule out possible points of failure.
1) Have you attempted an alternate USB cable?
2) Is the LED on the ioSafe illuminating?
3) Have you attempted an alternate power source?
4) Please verify you have the correct AC adapter connected ( Dura Micro DM1533 )
5) Have you attempted to connect it to an alternate machine?
6) Have you checked if the drive is mounted in the systems Disk Manager tool?
- Navigating to Windows 7 Disk Management:
- Open your Start menu and in the Search programs and files box type “hard” and press enter
- This will open up Windows Disk Management and all drives mounted to your system will be listed here
- If it is listed there, verify it has a drive letter and a proper NTFS partition for Windows.
- Navigating to Windows 8 Disk Management:
- Scroll over the Start menu icon and right click. In the pop up properties menu select Disk Management.
- Same as Windows 7, verify it has a drive letter and a proper NTFS partition for Windows
- Navigating to Mac Disk Utility:
- Open your Spotlight search in the right corner of the Desktop and type “Disk” then press enter
- This will open the Mac Disk Utility and show all mounted hard drives
- Verify the ioSafe is mounted and has a proper Mac partition for proper functionality.
- If you are not sure how to verify or format for Mac please see How to format for Mac here: http://iosafe.com/helpdesk/kb/faq.php?id=2
If you still cannot access your ioSafe or have additional questions or concerns please contact ioSafe Technical Support by creating a ticket here: http://iosafe.com/helpdesk/