IoSafe, Inc. Privacy Statement
IoSafe, Inc. ("IoSafe", "we", "us", "our") appreciates the value of information and respects your right to privacy. We also understand the inherent privacy risks involved in using the Internet. We feel strongly about our own privacy when we visit web sites, subscribe to services, or download software. We want to provide the same privacy for you here that we want for ourselves when we visit other sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
The following only applies to California residents.
We may from time to time share your personally identifiable information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please let us know by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at IoSafe, Inc. 12760 Earhart Avenue, Auburn CA 95602, Attention: Webmaster. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
Children Under 13
This Site is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age, except for the limited circumstances described below. In the event a child under the age of 13 submits a question to us on this Site and identifies his or her age, we may use the child's e-mail address for the sole purpose of responding to the child's question on a one-time-only basis. However, we will not use the child's e-mail address to re-contact the child and we will delete it from our records once we have responded. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Your Information and How We Use It
This Site collects two types of information: (1) information that personally identifies you that you provide directly when you use various IoSafe, Inc. services or participate in various IoSafe, Inc. programs (such as your name and e-mail address); and (2) information that does not personally identify you that may be gathered by means such as analyzing page views and user navigation patterns (such as the number of users who log onto this Site on a daily basis).
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information is automatically collected from your visit to this Site. However, in certain circumstances, you may be asked to provide us with some specific information about yourself in order to use certain features on this Site or to take advantage of certain opportunities that we may offer through this Site. For example:
We may need to share your personal information with certain third parties such as our agents, service providers and other representatives acting on our behalf for limited purposes. For example, we may share personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling our customers' orders
- Sending IoSafe, Inc. marketing communications
- Delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research, analysis or administering surveys
- Sending regular mail and e-mail on behalf of ioSafe, Inc.
- Processing credit card payments
- The third parties we conduct business with are only authorized to use your information to perform the service for which they were hired.
- Registration: You do not need to register in order to access this Site. However, if you wish to use certain features of this Site or participate in certain programs offered through this Site, you may need to register. In order to register, you will be asked to create a user name and password, as well as provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. In addition, there may be additional registration requirements in connection with a particular feature or program. We will use your e-mail address to provide you with the products and services that are offered in connection with the applicable features and/or programs for which you have registered, and, if requested, to provide customer service and technical support. We may also send you e-mails relating to technical issues in order to resolve a prior issue or to proactively notify you of technical or other issues that may affect you and/or your use of this Site. If you wish to update your account information, log into your account. If you forget your password, you can reset it via the registered user sign-in page. If you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Purchase and Return: If you purchase and/or return any products through this Site, you will be asked to provide your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card information and billing information, as applicable. This information will be used to process your purchase order or return. We will also use your e-mail address to provide you with information and notices regarding your purchase or return.
- Warranty and Product Registration: If you purchase any products through this Site or through other means, you will have the option to register your product and/or product warranty through this Site by completing and submitting an online registration form. In order to complete the form and register your product or warranty, you will be asked to create a user name and password, as well as provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number. We will use your e-mail address to send you information about product updates and additional compatible products or services that are offered, and, if requested, to provide customer service. In addition, we may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about your purchasing history.
- Newsletters and Information about Products, Services, Programs and Promotions: If you wish to receive our online newsletter and/or information about our products, services, programs and promotions, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address.
Please note that any information you submit on this Site will be used (i) to authenticate your identity for access to our services and accessing shared files (if applicable), (ii) to carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries, (iii) in accordance with the terms set forth herein, and (iv) as otherwise disclosed at the point where such information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of this Site. Please also note that in order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through this Site, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as companies or individuals that analyze data, provide customer service, participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance (but such information will be shared only to the extent they need such information to perform their functions). Your personally identifiable information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers. You may always direct us not to share your personally identifiable information with third parties, not to use your personally identifiable information to provide you with any such information or offers, or not to send you newsletters by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except as provided herein, your personally identifiable information will not be provided to any third parties without prior approval from you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
From time to time we may collect general, non-personally identifiable, statistical information about the use of this Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on this Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they "click" on. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as "cookies" and "IP addresses", which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to determine which areas of this Site are most popular and to enhance this Site for visitors. From time to time we may also collect general, non-personally identifiable, statistical information about information and data stored and shared through the personal servers and the services we provide to support personal servers ("Web Service"). We may also group this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of this Site to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. However, please be assured that this aggregate data will in no way personally identify you or any other visitors to this Site.
An IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer when it accesses the Internet or another computer network. Web servers and network devices automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to track the use of this Site. When visitors request pages from this Site, our servers log the visitors' IP addresses. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a visitor's session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor only when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with this Site's policies or to protect our services, members, this Site, or others.
We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary in order to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served on us; (c) to protect or defend our legal rights or property, this Site, or its users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of this Site's users or the general public.
From time to time, we may conduct surveys on this Site. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain demographic information (such as your gender, date of birth and zip code). We may use the information that you submit, including your responses to the survey questionnaires, for the purpose(s) identified to you prior to your participation in the survey. In some cases, we may publish the results of the survey, but only as aggregate information. As we may be conducting certain surveys with our advertisers, sponsors or other third parties, we may also share the results of such surveys with such third parties, but in no event will the results personally identify you.
You can choose not to receive any newsletter, e-mail or other communication from us by (i) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive, or (ii) e-mailing us at: email@example.com. If you choose to e-mail us, please be sure to attach a copy of the unwanted communication.
Keeping Your Information Secure
Secure Credit Card Transactions
At ioSafe we protect your credit card information and privacy by using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology (the industry standard security protocol), hosting our site on secure servers, and maintaining Secure Site status from GeoTrust, the security industry leader.
Removal From ioSafe.Com Lists
You may receive periodic emails or postal mailings from us with information on new products and services, or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive e-mail and/ or postal mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links To Other Sites
ioSafe contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
We have reasonable and appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
Transfer of Assets
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to this Site, personally identifiable information, non-personally identifiable information, and any other information that we have collected about the users of this Site will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
This Site may contain links to other web sites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by these other web sites. We encourage you to note when you leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of such other web sites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
Processing of Data Outside the EU
Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis (including the United States and countries outside the European Union).
Your Right to See Your Information
The following only applies to EU residents.
In addition to your normal access to your Web Account information, you have a right to see the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Last updated September 15, 2009