- Single 3.5" SATA drive
- Fanless, near silent cooling
- Multi-platform compatibility: Windows and Mac
- USB 3.0, up to 5Gb/s
Disaster & Security Specifications
- Protects Data From Fire: DataCastTM Technology. 1550°F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119 with no data loss.
- Protects Data From Flood: HydroSafeTM Technology. Full immersion, 10 ft. 3 days with no data loss.
- Tested per UL, FCC and CE Standards
- Proven data protection and recovery. Tested to ASTM E119 standards for fire exposure.
- Physical theft protection: Cable lock or floor Mount capable
- 1 Year Data Recovery Service (DRS Basic) Extended plans up to 5 years available.
- 1 Year No Hassle Warranty for any malfunctions. Warranty extends with extended DRS plan.
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Solo G3 USB External Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Power Supply
- Solo G3 Quick Start Guide
- Electrical — AC input
- Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
- Typical Power Consumption: < 25W
- Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS 8.6 & greater
- USB supported for Microsoft Windows XP onward, Mac OS X onward.1
- For USB 3.0 speeds, the system must support USB 3.0 specifications
13TB and higher capacity support limited to Windows 7 onward and Mac. Server OS is NOT supported. For Windows Server compatibility please see the 214 or SoloPRO via eSATA.
- Operating: 0-35° C (95°F)
- Non-operating: 0-1550°F, ½ hr per ASTM E119
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full water immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
// sync with makeOrderEmail()
- Size: 5.0"W x 7.1"H x 11.0"L
- Weight: 15 lbs
ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions
As applicable during the DRS period, the Company or its contracted partner will assist the original purchaser for one "data recovery event" without the requirement to pay a deductible. Additional attempts beyond the first "data recovery event" will require a deductible of $500 for the second "data recovery event," $1000 for the third "data recovery event" and $2000 for the any additional "data recovery events." For the DRS Basic or original ioSafe DRS plan (products sold prior to 2012), the DRS plan applies to the original owner for the ioSafe product. For the DRS Pro plan, data recovery services will be performed on the registered ioSafe product for the original owner and to one registered computer of the original ioSafe owner attached to the ioSafe product. The Company will attempt to restore the lost data by employing one or more of the following ways in ioSafe's sole discretion:
The Company or its contracted partner will provide phone or email based support to assist in recovering the data, or
- The Company will pay for the disaster exposed product to be shipped back to the Company's headquarters for data recovery. If data recovery is successful, a replacement product will be loaded with the original data and shipped back to the original user, or
- At the discretion of the Company, if the data recovery by the Company is not successful, the Company will pay up to the total amount shown in the table below for the specific product to a third-party disk recovery service and/or an onsite technical support of the Company's choice to extract the data. Any data extracted will be loaded on a replacement product and shipped back to the original user. The Company has the right to use a factory refurbished product as the replacement ioSafe branded product. Data recovery services for any attached server or computer will cover the costs of data recovery only up to the total limits below if applicable and will not cover replacement costs for the non-ioSafe branded server or computer.
Limits of Coverage* in US Dollars per terabyte of data capacity of ioSafe product
|Product Line||DRS Basic||DRS Pro|
|Solo G3||$2,500 / TB||n/a|
|SoloPRO HDD or SoloPRO SSD||n/a||$5,000 / TB|
|ioSafe Rugged Portable SSD||n/a||$5,000 / TB|
|ioSafe Rugged Portable HDD||$2,500 / TB||n/a|
|NAS Products (with drives*)||$2,500 / TB||$5,000 / TB|
*Limits of coverage are shown in the table above or coverage limit up to $25,000 USD maximum, whichever is less. Diskless versions of ioSafe products do not include data recovery services. DRS can be added separately to diskless products by contacting email@example.com for a quote. ioSafe hourly rate for work associated with recovery effort is calculated at $150 per hour.
The Company's good faith attempts to restore and recover the data in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy and the sole and exclusive obligation of ioSafe with respect to the DRS and the Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever due to loss of data or otherwise. The Company cannot and does not guarantee that any data will be recoverable and it cannot and does not guarantee which data files are on the product or the attached computer if applicable. Data restoration or recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files are restorable or recoverable and not what the purchaser believes to exist on the product or attached computer if applicable. The DRS is valid only upon verified, activation on the ioSafe.com website in addition to valid registration for ioSafe branded products with proper serial numbers and activation codes for products owned by the original purchaser only. The DRS is not transferable to a third party without prior written signed consent of an ioSafe, Inc. executive based in the United States of America.